17 October 2024

Thimbles and my 60-Thimble Holder

From about 1981 I've been collecting thimbles, usually while we're away - they make great souvenirs which are easy to pack and carry and don't weigh much.



Note: These are NOT my thimbles but are used as an example of some. As time permits, I'll add some of my own thimbles for you to see.


Back in the 1990s, I used to belong to a Thimble Collectors Club and we often carried thimbles, of a given theme, to these meetings for Show and Tell. And so Decided I'd make myself a sort of carry bag for them -padded of course!

Below is a photo of my Thimble carry-bag. As can be seen, I've patched a thimble on the front in some of my favourite fabrics - tartans!


On the other side of the padded "bag", are strips of fabric, each strip can hold 12 thimbles and each "window" has a closure of velcro so the thimbles can't accidentally fall out. In all, it can hold up to 60 thimbles at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment