18 October 2024

Kilt Table Runner

After I received the box of kilt offcuts, I then had to think what I would do with them. Naturally, I took them out and marvelled at the collection I had received and instantly decided on a knee rug/quilt. But how to stitch them together? I experimented with a couple and then settled on a technique. This was my sampler to check out what stitches on my machine would work best and also how they would like, once stitched. 

At the end, rather than tossing this out, I made a small table mat from the sampler and it still adorns one of our small coffee tables and receives most welcome comments from all who visit - and especially those with a Scottish heritage.

See in another Blogger page my "Kilt to Quilt" which is the end result of this piece of testing...



If you look closely, you will notice several different stitches that I've used to join the offcuts together - this was my tester piece and after I settled on the stitch I would use for the quilt, I decided to turn this into a small table runner, for a side coffee table.

No comments:

Post a Comment