17 October 2024

Hamilton's Row-By-Row Quilt

This was my first real quilt, made as part of the curriculum of a Textiles 3-Year course, which I started in 2008! Well, it will be a quilt when it's finished - this is only the top part of it - the "quilting" bit is yet to happen - but given time, happen it will!!! And "yes", I'm really happy with the result thus far. 

I'm currently on a commission to make another Sampler Quilt but this time as a Queen Size for the 40th Wedding Anniversary of special friends - it will be basically like the one above but will be wider - wait for the photos - I'm hoping to have it finished by April 2010.


Update: in 2023, himself and I moved into a Retirement Village which meant, for us, that we were going to a smaller home, which meant that we had to reduce stuff in almost every area of our lives, which included our interests and hobbies. We didn't stop doing our respective interests and hobbies but what we did do, was to downsize what space those interests and hobbies took. For me it was my love of sewing. 
And so, in the mix, I looked at the heap of flimsies I had (a flimsy is a completed quilt top [patched and stitched] but not yet sandwiched into a quilt.
And this little number was in the mix of what went! I gave it to our Quilt Guild through the Quilt Club I attend and some angel out there, would take it as it is, or enlarge it and then sandwich and quilt it - from there, it would go to someone via the Charity Depot - whether that be as a knee quilt, a cot cover, a play mat or as a small child's quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment