26 September 2022

Amy's 21 Quilt

And so Amy was 3rd in line to receive a quilt for her 21st. Sadly, she had to wait a couple of years before she received it due to a bad case of procrastination on my part. However, eventually it happened!

The finished quilt-top before it was quilted and bound
Showing one of the corners of the quilt
Showing the Arlington Braid and blocks either side of it.


Another view of the corner!

This is one of my favourite quilt blocks - sadly, it's not a 'quilt' until it's quilted! I just love the colours and the design - all my own work with ideas and helpful hints from all sorts of people and places.
Like for example - the border of French Braid took me about 6 months to work out how to turn the corner while keeping the pattern going - it would have been too easy to have just placed a plain block in each corner but "no", I wanted to turn the corner with the pattern intact. Mind you, it wasn't 6 months of thinking of nothing else - it just sat in the background of my head, as I got on with life and eventually I got there! Yay!!!!





PS: did you notice the "peep border"???

No comments:

Post a Comment