26 September 2018

Ruler Quilt Samplers

The quilting Club, to which I belong, recently held a workshop on quilting with rulers (March 2017) - which was a lot of fun and I felt beforehand that it might be a springboard for a new way of quilting for me. I have never been confident at Free Motion Quilting and I felt this would give me a bit of a Linus Blanket moment! Since I did the workshop, I've actually quilted 2 quilts in FMQ and quilted numerous smaller projects as well - so, it has proven to be that springboard of which I spoke! 

And herewith is some homework from quilting with rulers which I did, not long after the workshop! I have yet to finish the sampler - and in time, it will get done!
Yay!!!

Workshop 01





Workshop 02 (March 2018)
This was the 2nd Workshop where we experimented with different shapes.



This is me at the machine!



And this is my ruler-quilted Sampler (not yet finished though)



Workshop 03
August 2018
This was the 3rd Workshop I did and this time, we practised with circles and curves.

No comments:

Post a Comment