01 May 2018

Block Swaps 2018

In 2018 I joined a Facebook Group to swap blocks with other quilters. Once registered, we are assigned a monthly partner, who could live anywhere in the world. My first partner lived in Texas and my second was from Ontario, Canada.  Our commitment is to make 2 Crazy Quilt Blocks, measuring at least 12.5" square - we post them to our monthly partner, who in turn, would send us a pair of blocks. Attaching the striped fabric should radiate out from a 5-sided template. However, in the first instance I didn't do it all the time (coz I didn't read the instructions properly) but then changed my ways after I realised it.




These are my first pair of blocks, which were sent to Texas.

Once my Canadian partner receives her blocks and uploads them to Facebook, then I am able to upload them to my blog.

Herewith my Blocks that are now in Canada:





And my next 2 blocks went to Texas




My last pair of Swap Blocks (thus far) went all the way to Canberra and as her favourite colours are green and purple, I went through my fabric stash and found a selection of fabrics to make them in her preferred colours. It was at this time that I learnt of the 5-sided shape that should appear on all blocks (not necessarily in the middle), so in this case, I contacted my partner and apologised and asked if she still wanted the Blocks (I was willing to remake them) but she loved them and was happy to accept them as they were.



This month I seemed to have signed up twice for the Block Swap and consequently received TWO partners this time. This first pair will be winging their way across the Nullabor to Perth (WA) tomorrow:




And the other pair will be heading across the seas to Michigan, USA. Hopefully both girls will like their Blocks.




Oh dear!!! This morning I discovered that not only did I somehow finish up with 2 partners this month, but there's a 3rd partner in the mix, as well. I've written to the coordinator to try and find out what the situation was that caused it - it could well have been my fault and yet I know not how!

Anyway, I am very happy to honour all 3 partners and here is the 3rd pair, which will be sent to Salem, Oregon USA.





No comments:

Post a Comment