10 July 2010

The Barrington Quilt


This quilt I've called "The Barrington Quilt" which is based on one I made for myself last year, but then created a Queen size version of it for the Ruby Wedding Anniversary of friends of ours - hence the dominance of red. It was the first time I had enlarged a quilt & like all artists, realised along the way that there was more than one way to do various aspects of it. Would I do another one like this? Probably "no", but I would implement some of my lessons in other quilts & so am really thrilled for the opportunity to make this one. I'm happy with the finished product & hope against all hope that our friends also like it.
And this is the label:
I made it so that it looks like a mini-quilt on the reverse - a bit finicky but well worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment