02 January 2010

Pastiche Projects

... don't you just love interesting words - I do - and while "pastiche" may not be a perfect fit for this batch of handiwork, it's close enough to use it... ...
and so... ...
The first cab off the rank in this section is a 6" block with a heart in it - to be added to other 6" blocks from our group of quilters - to be presented to one of our number, following the death of her mother. From these 6" blocks she will make a quilt or wall hanging as a memory of her mother, from her fellow quilters. I've recently joined the quilting group and this is what they do for one another to commemorate both happy and sad events - this is my first contribution to this great tradition! And what a privilege it was to make it... ...


Photo: my 6" square featuring a heart - as specified - we had the choice of how we presented our heart and I look forward to seeing how others have done their's. I've chosen to patchwork my heart - I know others will embroider their's or use other applications. Collectively, it will look stunning - we were asked to use earthy colours but that was the only restriction put on us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment